A healthy smile has many benefits. For example, you can enjoy the foods you like, speak with confidence, and avoid jaw issues. For some individuals, the solution to a healthy smile is a smile restoration. Choosing to get dental implants in Cancun or Costa Rica can help you restore your smile at an affordable price. Learn about some of the benefits of having a smile makeover.
Dental Implants Can Improve Other People’s Perception of You
Sometimes, how our teeth look is outside of our control. However, people have a strong perception of others based upon their oral health. For example:
- In a 2012 study, 73% of people attributed oral appearance to a person’s trustworthiness.
- In the same study, 40% of people say that they would not date a person with missing teeth or other oral health issues.
- People with a healthy smile are likely to earn 5% to 10% more than people with poor oral appearance.
A full-mouth restoration can help improve how we appear to others. It can also help us feel more confident, improve our social standing in some situations, and help with our situation in life.
Dental Implants Help Improve Our Health
Missing teeth also impact our health. For example, missing teeth impact the way we chew food and the overall function of our jaw. Over time, people with missing teeth have a tendency to develop TMJ disorder. TMJ disorder can cause headaches, jaw pain, and other issues. Missing teeth will also cause periodontitis. Over time, gum disease can impact your jaw bone, leading to other issues. Gum disease has been linked to other conditions, such as diabetes, heart disease, high cholesterol, and other issues.
Missing teeth can also impact our diet. Missing teeth make it harder to consume certain types of foods, such as vegetables, fruits, and meats that contain vital nutrients to maintain a healthy weight and support general health throughout the body. Dental implants are an ideal fit for people in good health and who are nonsmokers.
What To Expect With Dental Implants
Some research by the NIH has been done into the satisfaction that patients experience after they receive dental implants. Here are some of the different types of satisfaction that were reported by patients:
- Many patients were vastly satisfied with their overall experience after receiving dental implants.
- Patients were also extremely happy with the practitioner who administered their dental implants.
- Lastly, many patients would recommend dental implants to a friend in the same position.
If you decide to get a smile restoration, you should consider using a cosmetic dentist based in Cancun or Costa Rica. The Dental Concierge works with an AACD accredited dentist to deliver the best results at an affordable price. Our services are affordable, convenient, and can help you recover your ideal smile.